Monday 29 August 2016

Hawkers and Hangers


My dragonfly education continues and I'm now able to identify different species of Hawker dragonflies in the skies of Tyntesfield. At the same time I am compelled to accept that the Emperors, flying since June, have now hung up their wings for good.

Embracing death and the cycle of life, I've now developed an interest in 'things found hanging in spider webs', not least because they are relatively easy to photograph and intriguingly mysterious when viewed in close up. 


Southern Hawker Dragonfly (male)

Migrant Hawker Dragonfly (male)

Fly in gothic spider nightmare

Fly no more

Strange spider web blob thing

2 comments:

  1. How those flies feel is how I feel. ..probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete